This Website is owned by VI Equestrian (hereafter “Business”) , registered as a sole trader.
By using, registering or placing an order on this website at https://www.viequestrian.co.uk, you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy. Since this is a growing web site and because Internet technologies are constantly evolving, this Policy is subject to change at any time and any changes will be posted on this page.
This Policy works hand-in-hand with our Terms and Conditions.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Our Registration Reference is : ZA263454. For more information, visit the ICO website. For the purposes of the Data protection Act 1998, the Data Controller is VI Equestrian of 9 Agnes Avenue, Leigh-on-Sea, Essex, United Kingdom, SS9 3SX, ([email protected]).
When do we collect information?
We collect your personal information in a number of instances, including when you:
- Make an online purchase whether as a guest or as an online account user
- Create an online account with us (this could be be at same time as when you first make an online purchase)
- Register for our newsletter. This is separate from our online store
- Contact us by any means (email, contact page, telephone or text)
- Have given a third party permission to share with us the personal information they hold about you
- Comment or review our products or services
What personally identifiable information does the Business collect and how is it used?
When you visit, register an account or order products from us via our website you may be asked to, or of your own volition, provide information from which you can be identified, including your name, title, email address, home or business address, shipping address and telephone number as well as text you may upload and other technical data such as the IP address of the machine you use. The Business will not collect such information from users while they use the web site unless they voluntarily provide it to us and authorise us to collect such information. Users may provide other information about themselves from which they can be identified.
What the business does with collected personal information will depend on whether the customer is a guest user or a user that has created an account.
For Guest Users (includes orders via website, email or telephone), the business may use or disclose all such information in order to:
- fulfil a sale of a product including sharing such information with its partners and suppliers
- carry out the service as requested by you
- to respond to other enquiries or requests by you
Note: we do not send any marketing communication to you or other information on sales etc if you are a guest user. However, we may send news on products and other marketing information if you sign up to our Newsletter.
For users that have created an online account with us, the business may use or disclose all such information in order to:
- fulfil a sale of a product including sharing such information with its partners and suppliers
- carry out the service as requested by you
- to respond to other inquires or requests by you
- to provide information about specials, sales or new products or services that you will introduce in the future.
We may also disclose personally identifiable information (guest and account users) in the establishment or exercise of legal rights or defences against legal claims, to comply with applicable laws or regulations, to comply with a valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order or to investigate suspected fraud or a violation of our Terms and Conditions. We will never sell user information to any 3rd-party not affiliated with the Business, without your specific and unambiguous consent, except in connection with the sale or merger of the Business or the division responsible for such services provided.
The Business may, from time to time, send or post surveys or requests (applicable to account users only) for your feedback in order to help us make our web site and services better. Any responses we receive from users will be used only to evaluate our web site and services and no personally identifiable information from respondents will be shared with any non-employees of Business, except that information provided in the Feedback/Comments areas.
What non-personally identifiable information does the Business collect and how is it used?
The Business collects and tracks certain non-personally identifiable information, including, but not limited to, IP numbers and browser type, access times, domain names, usage habits and other information which does not specifically identify any individual.
Does VI Equestrian have a newsletter?
The Business occasionally sends out a Newsletter via email (hereinafter “Newsletter”) to all registered users to receive Newsletters. In these Newsletters, we may inform you about new features from VI Equestrian and about the upcoming week’s events or special promotions. We use Mailchimp third party software to deliver our newsletters. For your and our protection a double opt-in process is implemented when registering to our newsletter.
You may choose to unsubscribe or opt-out from the Newsletter by clicking the unsubscribe link located in the footer of the newsletter. In addition, you may also opt-out by contacting us. For this option will first verify your details with you.
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to us may be accessed by or given to third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this policy or for other purposes approved by you. Those parties process information, fulfil and deliver orders, process credit card payments and provide support services on our behalf. We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of our website to third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
You agree that we may disclose your identity and contact details to (1) any third party who claims to us that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or their rights of privacy, and (2) to other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Finally, if our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will delete it.
Also refer to the section “Your data protection rights”.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us. Note: we do not raise any charge in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, but we may raise a charge where such requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because of their repetitive character, we may either charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information or communication, or taking the action requested, or refuse to act on the request.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing or other communications we send you at any time. If you are registered with our Newsletter you can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. If you are an online account holder and wish to “opt-out” of marketing, receiving information about sales and other similar communications from us then please contact us. The Business is not responsible for removing personally identifiable information from the lists of any 3rd-party partner or advertiser who has previously been provided with your information in accordance with this Policy.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) about our collection and use of your personal information.
The following is a summary of the types of cookies that are being used on this site, along with information on how you can block them.
|Cookie Type||Cookie File Names||Purpose||Active on this site||More Information|
|Essential Site Cookies||Various||Site cookies are essential to the operation of this website. They are usually set when you first visit the site and deleted when you close your browser. If blocked, this site will not operate correctly||Yes||N/A|
|CMS (Content Management System)||Various||Cookies are set by our CMS/Blog system when you first visit this site. These cookies are not used by VI Equestrian. These cookies are usually deleted when a user closes their browser||Yes||n/a|
|These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The information is used to compile reports that let us improve the site. The information is collected in any anonymous form, including the number of visits to this site, how you arrived at the site, and which pages you visted.||Yes||You can opt-out of these cookies by following this link://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout|
|Site Cookie Acceptance||cookietab-last-shown-time|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Is my information private with company merchants?
The only Voluntary Information that may be shared between Business and one of our partner web sites is that which pertains to information used in the furtherance of tracking an order and providing you with correct information regarding same.
Order information, including order numbers and amounts, may be available to the Business, affiliate merchants and 3rd-party affiliate program management companies, for accurate tracking purposes. The Business will not release this information to other parties unless you request it.
What about data security?
We employ security measures to protect (as far as reasonably possible) your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires or permits.
The Business requires that our partners ensure the security of the data that users provide them with; however; in the event of a breach of their security measures, you agree that the Business will not be liable for any losses or damages.
Where is the web site located?
The Business web site is maintained in the European Union. If you are located outside the European Union, by using the web site, you authorise the import of you information and its use, as specified in this Policy.
What is the minimum age to use this website
Use of www.viequestrian.co.uk and products/services are intended for persons who are eighteen (18) years or older, or business entities.
If proof comes to the attention of the Business that an individual user is under the age of eighteen (18) years, and is accessing our services and/or products without the consent, approval or authorisation of their parents or legal guardian, the Business will immediately terminate such account.
The Business reserves the right to amend this Policy at any time, in the event that this becomes necessary after initial release, or in the event that it becomes necessary with respect to additional, deleted, modified or amended services provided by Business.
The Business will not personally notify you of any amendments to this Policy. Users are urged to check this Policy frequently in order to determine whether any changes have been made. Users understand and agree that continued use of the Business web site assumes that they have read and accepted this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time.
Where can I access this policy?
The Business never uses or installs spy ware on user computers, nor do we use spy ware to retrieve information from user computers.
Your California Privacy Rights
IF YOU ARE A USER IN CALIFORNIA, USA: The State of California, USA, has passed legislation requiring certain specific disclosures be made available to California residents who use the Internet and provide information that may be used for marketing purposes. That legislation requires any business that discloses a customer’s personal information (as defined by the “Act”) to any 3rd-party, for direct marketing purposes, to provide the customer a method for obtaining the names, addresses and certain other specified details of anyone who might have received that personal information. If you are a California resident you may request this information from Business by writing to:
9 Agnes Avenue,
Attn: California, USA Privacy Rights.
or by sending an e-mail, with “California, USA Privacy Rights” in the subject line, to [email protected] VI Equestrian is not obligated to respond to more than one such request from User per calendar year.
The section titles used in this Policy are purely for convenience and carry with them no legal or contractual effect.